Maintenance Tips for Sub Zero Wine Refrigerator and Storage
Sub Zero Wine refrigerators are a great way to keep your wine at the perfect temperature, but they require a bit of maintenance to keep them running properly. Here is a guide to help you keep your wine refrigerator in tip-top shape:
- Clean the exterior of the fridge regularly with a soft cloth and mild soap.
- Dust the interior of the fridge periodically with a soft cloth.
- Check the door seals and gaskets regularly for cracks or damage. Replace them if necessary.
- Vacuum the condenser coils on the back of the fridge monthly to prevent dust buildup.
- Every six months, deep clean your wine fridge by removing all bottles and shelves and washing them with warm, soapy water. Wipe down the interior walls and floors of the fridge with a vinegar solution.
Replacing Your Thermostat
If your wine cooler isn't keeping your wine at the proper temperature, it's likely that the thermostat is to blame. Luckily, this is a relatively easy fix. Here's what you'll need to do:
- Unplug your wine cooler and remove the shelves.
- Locate the thermostat. It will be a small, cylindrical sensor near the bottom of the cooler.
- Disconnect the wires from the thermostat and remove it from its mounting bracket.
- Install the new thermostat in the same location and reconnect the wires.
- Replace the shelves and plug in your wine cooler.